You have the right to know what we do with your personal data – why personal data is processed, under what time period the process is ongoing, who your personal data is shared with and what the consequences of the processing is. Here is a description of your rights.
Right to access
You can request a register extract free of charge, clearly stating what information you wish to view. We’ll respond to your request without unnecessary delay and within a month. If we for some reason cannot fulfill your requests, we have to give reasons for this. The registry extract will be sent to your registered address.
Right to correction
We have a responsibility to ensure that the personal data we process is correct, but as a customer you also have the right to supplement data that’s missing and relevant. If you discover incorrect information about you, you have the right to demand they be corrected. When your personal data is corrected, we’ll notify the parties to whom we have submitted the relevant information to let them know something has been corrected – unless this proves to be impossible or would involve a disproportionate amount of effort. We will also notify you – at your request – of the recipients of the correction.
Right to deletion
Customer information is retained for as long as you’re a customer with Telia Finance and subsequently for a maximum of 24 months after the contractual relationship has come to an end. Exceptions are applicable to data that must be retained for any length of time by law, e.g. the Accounting Act or the Act on Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention).
As a customer you have the right to, without any unnecessary delay, have your personal data deleted based on any of the following situations:
- If the data is no longer needed for the processing purpose.
- If the processing is solely based on your consent which you withdraw.
- If the processing is for direct marketing and you object to the processing of your data.
- If you object to the processing which occurs after a balancing of interests and there are no legitimate reasons outweighing your interest.
- If your personal data has not been processed in accordance the regulations.
- If deletion is required to meet legal obligations.
If your personal data is deleted we will inform those who we’ve provided your personal data with about the deletion. However, this is not applicable if proves to be impossible or would involve a disproportionate amount of effort. We will also notify you – at your request – of the recipients of the information.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data we conduct with the support of a balancing of interests. You must then specify the processing operation to which you object. If we are of the opinion that the processing has to continue we have to prove there are interests that outweigh yours. If personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes you have the right to object to the processing at any time.
Right to restriction
You have the right to request a temporary restriction of the processing of your personal data. The processing can be restricted in the following situations:
- When you consider your personal data to be incorrect and you’ve therefore requested an amendment from us. You can then request restriction of the processing of your personal data while an investigation is ongoing at our premises.
- When the processing operation is illegal but you object to your personal data being deleted and instead request a restriction of the use of the data.
- When you need your personal data in order to establish, assert or defend legal claims, even when we no longer need your personal data for the purpose of our processing operation.
- When you’ve objected the processing of your personal data we’re allowed to continue processing your personal data while the check is ongoing.
- If the processing of your personal data is restricted temporarily, we will notify the parties to which we have submitted the personal data to let them know about the temporary restriction.
- However, this right is not applicable if this proves to be impossible or would involve a disproportionate amount of effort.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and in other ways use personal data you have submitted to us in order to use it elsewhere (also known as porting), e.g. transferring your data to a different operator or IT environment.
This is applicable in instances where you have consented to the processing operation or if the processing operation is needed to allow us provide services to you in accordance with the agreement that you have entered into with us. On the other hand, you have no right to relocate your data if we are processing it due to balancing of interests or obligations by law.
Notice of infringement (complaints)
If you are of the opinion that your personal data is being processed in contravention of applicable regulations, you should notify us of this as soon as possible. You may also submit a com- plaint to the Swedish Data Inspection Board.
If you have suffered harm due to your personal data being processed in contravention of applicable law, you may be entitled to damages. You can then claim damages from us. Such claims must be made in writing. One alternative is to bring an action for damages in court.
Information about cookies
How you exercise your rights
If you have any questions regarding your rights, please contact our customer service.
Stjärntorget 1, 169 94 Solna, Sweden
Telia Finance AB, Stockholm 556404-6661
Phone: + 46 771 883 050